Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Happy 3rd... 4th... 5th... of July?

Happy July everyone! This weekend has been very eventful for us, we ended up making a spontaneous trip to Washington D.C. to watch their fireworks and it was a blast! (no pun intended, haha) We were definitely tourists, well mainly I was... but we had a lot of fun. My sister and our friend Leisa went with us and between our search for the capital building and the mad dash across town so I could see the White House (which ended up being blocked) we made lots of memories. 

Here is Elizabeth and Leisa on their way to the metro!
Luke and I on the metro... 
he likes to make fun of me because I'm a tourist but really I think he likes that I'm so obnoxiously excited about everything :)

Me and my sister, Elizabeth, on the metro! She's living with us for now until school starts in early August. It's going really well and it's so nice to be able to spend so much time with her. Love this kid :)

Group picture! (while the rest of our car looked on, haha)

Can you read the sign? Haha, it says something about no trespassing! This is in front of the house of representatives... maybe the senate? Either way it's a pretty darn cute picture!

Luke and I in front of the capital!
The fireworks... and our last stop of the night, Wawa!!! Luke and I had never been and it was absolutely delicious! I had a philly cheese steak sandwhich that was literally the best I ever had and chili cheese ruffle chips! Delicious!
After arriving back home at 3:30am, this morning was easier than I thought. I have 8 cups of coffee in a thermos waiting on me and nice hot mug already filled up :) I kind of feel like I got bumped by a bus, not full on hit, but bumped definitely, haha.

This weekend definitely remind me of a quote from Gretchin Rubin, the author of "The Happiness Project".

"The days are long, but the years are short."

Even though yesterday seemed like the longest day ever when we were sprinting across DC, it also seems like just a second ago that I was holding my baby sisters hands when she would be afraid of the dark. Now look at us. So live it up folks! Make the trip, invest in relationships, and don't be afraid to experience this wonderful thing called life!

No comments:

Post a Comment